Article ● Tips for reset juices
by Joana Teixeira on Sep 10, 2021
We could only give one revenue of a good juice reset, but we prefer to teach you how to assemble your own combinations.
- Choose a fruit: apple, melon, pineapple, orange, pears… these are fruits with a low glycemic index and which, in addition to the benefits, will also help to flavor and slightly sweeten the juice.
- Dark green leaves (cabbage, spinach), bitter (arugula, watercress) and even fresh herbs that are rich in iron and help the liver in the detoxification process. Herbs like parsley, mint and coriander also help with this process and add extra flavor!
- Vegetables to choose from! Celery is a big favorite of juicers detox for having immense benefits, but you can also use courgette, carrots, beets...
- Superfoods: ginger, turmeric, spirulina, mushrooms reishi, ashwagandha and so many other super ingredients to give a boost of health.
- Lemon is a "must have”. That must-have ingredient, both for its benefits such as vitamin C and alkaline power, and for its flavor. You can just add the juice, or beat the pulp.
- Fresh water or teas to combine everything. By using teas we can even add more magical ingredients to help with the retention and cleansing of the body. For example green tea, horsetail, dandelion, hibiscus, among others.
- To strain or not to strain my juice? That is the question. For the purpose that we are looking for and helping the body in the cleansing and detox process, and as we use a lot of vegetables and only one fruit option, the ideal is to strain, believing that you have a diet with good fiber intake and water intake during the day. In case you choose not to strain, remember that you are to ingest lots of fiber at once, so, so that you don't have the opposite effect and end up not being able to go to the bathroom, it's crucial to drink plenty of water throughout the day!