Where to find collagen ● Article
by Joana Teixeira on Mar 03, 2021
When we were planning to launch our Pro-Aging Kit, in which we sent a video of the founder of Organii, Cátia Curica, explaining how we do a facial massage, behold, if not, Cátia asks us: how are you going to get the collagen that you put in your blend Beauty Edition? The question at the time surprised us, because the vegan collagen that we use in our Blend is a mixture of amino acids of plant origin that make up the collagen and that comes directly from our supplier, prepared to be added to our blend. But the truth is, we can find collagen in various foods.
And so this article came up, with a series of tips on how to enhance the health of the skin, hair and nails through food:
- Increase the intake of zinc, copper and magnesium through pumpkin or chia seeds, nuts such as nuts, chestnuts and almonds, legumes, organic tofu, gluten-free oats, green leaves and quinoa. If you notice our Pro-Aging Kit, these ingredients are a constant.
- Consume Vitamin C through citrus fruits, for example. Vitamin C contributes to the correct synthesis of collagen while also functioning as an antioxidant.
- Consume antioxidants through strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, açaí, goji berries, among others.
- Consume Peruvian Maca which is known for its hormonal balance functions.
- Eat a lot of protein and here we remember that protein is not only in its animal shape, it can also be found in a vegan format, such as beans, tofu, nutritional yeast, tempeh, nuts and seeds, quinoa, buckwheat and oats .
These are just a few more generic tips, each case is individual and should be evaluated by a nutritionist, but you can already start to implement some positive changes that, for sure, will have an effect on your skin, hair and nails.